Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

ROSCO GORDON - YOU GOT MY BAIT


(originally posted 6/9/11)

Legendary Memphis bluesman Rosco(e) Gordon DID NOT give up the music business when he moved to Queens, NY in 1962 as stated on Wikipedia. Rosco made fewer records during the time he and his wife owned and operated a laundry business, but he also cut THIS- in my opinion his greatest ever side.

"You Got My Bait" has a haunting hook that just sticks in my head all day, along with some absolutely devastating vocals and piano from Rosco. Add the super snappy drumming (sounds like Bernard Purdie) and that KILLER twangy guitar and VOILA! An incendiary record.

from 1966...

ROSCO GORDON - YOU GOT MY BAIT

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hi Derek,

Long time reader of your site. Great number by Rosco Gordon....

Just wanted to say that I really love what you are doing!

Fantastic music daily - some known to me, some forgotten in 45 box and alot of great new exciting sounds....

Many Thanks

Dave in Australia

Holly said...

Love it! Though I think "Cheese & Crackers" will always hold #1 spot in my heart.. ;-)