Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

DOTTY & BONNIE - YOUR PICTURE

A gorgeous record, and one that I truly wish I knew more of its story.

I'd love to know how this obscure Jamaican record came to be released in the US (on the ultra obscure "Humble' label' to boot), as well as exactly WHEN it came out. Discogs says 1974, but that sounds too late to my ears- I would guess 1970 at the latest. There's also no mention of Dorothy (Dotty) Reid or Bonnie Frankson in the copy of Reggae: The Rough Guide that I just pulled off my book shelf.

Thankfully, lack of details and data do not hinder the enjoyment of the beautiful music found within the grooves.

from c1970...

DOTTY & BONNIE - YOUR PICTURE


No comments: