Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, May 28, 2010

HOWARD TATE - SWEET LOVE CHILD


One of the finest voices in all of music, Howard Tate also has a remarkable story. Despondent, homeless and addicted to drugs throughout most of the 1980's, he managed to pull himself together to become a counselor and preacher by the mid 1990's. Found by a DJ in 2001, he was reunited with producer/ songwriter Jerry Ragovoy for an album and he has also been touring. I can attest to the fact that his voice is still as powerful as it was when this record was cut, as I was lucky enough to see him in New Orleans last year.

from 1968...

HOWARD TATE - SWEET LOVE CHILD

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm only familiar with a handful of Howard Tate's tunes and one of those I got from you about a year ago. This is a welcome addition to the, all to slim, collection of Tate's work in my library. Thank you!

YankeeBoy said...

Once again I had to drop you a 'thank you' and tell you just how great this record is.