Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

YVONNE CAROLL & THE ROULETTES - STUCK ON YOU


Another mysterious figure...Yvonne released a handful of records, and this one is probably most well known, due to the popularity of the flipside ("Gee What Guy") in the Lowrider oldies crowd. While I enjoy that side just fine, I especially dig THIS side; it has a great sense of urgency that seems like it's on the verge of collapse at any time and it's powered by a sublime lead vocal with (I assume) The Roulettes following closely behind on backups.

from 1963...

YVONNE CAROLL & THE ROULETTES - STUCK ON YOU

2 comments:

YankeeBoy said...

Congratulions and thank you. You have sent me to Gemm Music once again - and luckily for me I was able to score a copy at a reasonable price. What a great record!

buthead said...

Derek,
I have another 45 from Yvonne on this label too that's great. Can't remember the slow good side but the flip is a version of "Earth Angel".
ATB, Craig