Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Thrill of a lifetime...


One of my all time favorite rock n roll groups are The Stooges. Their music was trailblazing, sexy and has aged better than most music from any age.

Tomorrow night, I am pleased to say that my band, Careless Hearts, will be backing Stooges guitarist James Williamson for a one off gig in San Jose. His first gig in 35 years.

If you are in the bay area and haven't heard about this, get a ticket QUICK because it is almost sold out.

James' guitar playing still kicks, still thrills and is some of the hottest fretwork you'll ever hear. Plus, he co-wrote all of the songs on raw Power and Kill City with Iggy Pop. A true legend, and he's BACK.

4 comments:

wilfofhove said...

Hi Derek. I'm on the wrong side of the pond to catch your gig. But I wish you a great, great evening.
On the 45 tip, thanks again for all the astonishing music you've shared. One 45 I've not seen featured on The Daily 45 is Lonnie Russ's Something Old, Something New (link below). It's simply amazing. And the most amazing thing about it is that Lonnie Russ only recorded two sides as far as I can find. This is the b-side to a terrible novelty record entitled My Wife Can't Cook that came out in 1962. How this song (Something Old, Something New) got relegated to the flip-side beggars belief. In case you haven't heard it before, sit back and bask in its soulful genius. Cheers, Jon (Hove, UK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPyy9889L7w&feature=related

Joe Whimster said...

Hope you had a blast. One of my favourites too.

oldhall said...

Thanks for a great show last night! Your band reminds me of Dash Rip Rock

Secular said...

- caught "No Sense of Crime" (a personal favorite) on YouTube, and WOW you guys nailed it - way to go!