Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, August 21, 2009

ALDER RAY - MY HEART IS IN DANGER


Another mystery record! And SUCH A GREAT ONE! As you can probably tell, I'm an absolute sucker for these uptempo records with powerful female vocals, and I scoop up every one in sight (within reason). This one has especially slayed me. Being as it is written and co-produced by Chicago based Fred Hughes, I'll go out on a limb and say it's a Chicago record but who knows. If YOU know more, please don't hesitate to write!

from 1966...

ALDER RAY - MY HEART IS IN DANGER

4 comments:

Bob said...

There is some confusion here.

THIS Fred Hughes is from Compton, California.

See, for instance,

http://www.londonlee.com/2006/07/oo-wee.html

and scroll down to the first of the Marvalous7 's comments.

uncle_boneless said...

very nice, thanks!

KL from NYC said...

Alder Ray recorded a collectible Girl Group single for Liberty Records called "Cause I Love Him," produced by Marshall Leib (ex-Teddy Bear and Phil Spector protege). The single is included on a lot of girl group comps from the UK. You can get a label scan at SpectroPop.com by typing in "Alder Ray" and getting to the Marshall Leib Tribute page (it's at the bottom).
And, while I'm here, thanks for the daily 45s. I get them in my e-mail, so I haven't left many "thank you" comments recently.

jdogg said...

Probably Alder Ray Mathis from Dallas, Texas-she had a Bobby Patterson-produced single on John Abnor's Abnak/Jetstar combine.