Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

FRANKIE KARL & THE DREAMS - DON'T BE AFRAID (DO AS I SAY)


Interestingly enough, this record is on the "DC" label (as in "the sound of Washington DC") but I have read that this record was cut in Los Angeles, after Frankie was released from the military. Hmmmm.

Frankie had an interesting story that included being part of a gospel vocal group (The Cogic Singers) which included not only Billy Preston but Gloria Jones as well.

This track is the epitome of a type of smooth sound that I just love. This one was under my radar until my friend Jeff Jagged found a copy a few months ago and hipped me to it. Luckily, it proved to be easy to find as it was a minor hit.

from 1968...

FRANKIE KARL & THE DREAMS - DON'T BE AFRAID (DO AS I SAY)

1 comment:

Black said...

hey I was both happy and sad to find your blog... happy cause we have very similar tastes in records and sad cause you've already posted a bunch I was planning to post :D

my blog won't be up for a few weeks but there's an initial post on there talkinloud45.blogspot.com

link me please and I'll do the same.. btw I LOVE this Frankie Karl.. but mine has a different label... not sure if one of us has the promo.. mine has no black stripes

best,
Neil aka DJ Zimmy 45