Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Friday, April 17, 2009

THE DEBONAIRES - HEADACHE IN MY HEART


Releasing very few records (two members also went on to sing with Tony Orlando as "Dawn" in the early 70's which makes me shudder!), this Detroit girl group started off while still in high school with 2 records that were more novelty based. However, for this release we find the group under George Clinton's production and writing talent for one that they completely hit it, in all areas except making a chart hit.

No matter, as this is one hot slab of wax (notice my copy is a 1970 British issue, released at the dawn of the Northern Soul era. A shame that they listed the author as "unknown")

Yes, this same song was later recut as an acid blues number for Funkadelic's "Free Your Mind" LP.

from 1967...

THE DEBONAIRES - HEADACHE IN MY HEART

(I will be out of town for the weekend, so the next posting will be on Monday.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Derek,
I was stumbling around the web and came across your blog. My name is Ryan and you were my very first guitar instructor at Front Porch in Valpo several years ago. I just wanted to give you sincere thanks for being an incredible teacher. I haven't put my guitar down since you demonstrated intense patience and kindly motivated me to keep at it. I wish you all the best, take care.

Derek See said...

Ryan, great to hear from you. I remember you well, my friend. Glad to hear that you are still at it and plugging away!

cheers,
Derek