Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

THE GOLLIWOGS - FIGHT FIRE


Here we are in the middle of the week ("hump day" as they say here in the USA); I think this record will help everyone get over the hump!

The Golliwogs were a California bay area band that released a handful of singles before changing their name to Creedence Clearwater Revival in 1967, losing the garage edge and releasing a string of hugely successful singles.

This one, however, for my buck is their best ever (and I really do like most of the CCR stuff as well).

I love hearing John Fogerty sing without the contrived southern accent, too.

from 1966...

THE GOLLIWOGS - FIGHT FIRE

3 comments:

Darcy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiger Tiger said...

Its a great tune.
I urge you to listen to the cover version of this tune on Southern Culture On The Skids' "Countrypolitan Favorites" record. Their version absolutely smokes!

Stuart Shea said...

That's the thing cool--you'd never know, really, that the Golliwogs were them unless someone told you. And I like CCR, too.