Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

DETROIT EMERALDS - I'LL NEVER SAIL THE SEA AGAIN


This beautiful deep soul track was the b-side of one of the Emeralds biggest hits ("Baby Let Me Take You In My Arms Again" which also hit the pop in addition to r&b charts).

The Detroit Emeralds were, you guessed it, based in Detroit during their recording career (1968-1974) but all hailed originally from Little Rock, Arkansas.

from 1972...

DETROIT EMERALDS - I'LL NEVER SAIL THE SEA AGAIN

5 comments:

James said...

Ahh, Detroit, I do not miss thee. However, there's a track I've been dying to get my hands on by The Fabulous Peps that I believe is simply called "Detroit, Michigan". I heard it on KXLU one night at have been looking for it all over to no avail. Considering the quality of your collection, I thought I'd finally give in and ask: Derek, d'ya have it?

Derek See said...

Ooooh don't have that one, James...I have some other fabulous Peps, but haven't come across that 45. I'll keep an eye out!

James said...

It's surprisingly tough to even find digital copy off. I know the track was on a compilation with some of the other Peps stuff that I've come across, but I haven't been able to find Detroit, Michigan. Who knows? It's possible I even have the wrong group. The other Peps stuff is great, though. Thanks, Derek, and keep on steppin'!

Miss Ann Thrope said...

I'm a big fan of the Peps but don't think I've heard of Detroit, Michegan. You may want to pick the brains of those in the know over at soul-source.co.uk. I've a few Peps tracks on my site here: http://www.thesoulgirl.com/music/andromeda1.php?q=s&sm=ff&s=Peps&x=9&y=10

ana-b said...

What a beautiful song...the only other song i know by them is Do Me Right [which i adore]...

anyway, makes me think i should hunt up the album this is off..

thanks..