Fair Use disclaimer

All music presented on this site is shared under the premise of "fair use"; this site is solely intended for the purpose of education and critique. If you are a rights holder to any of the music presented and wish for it to be removed, simply contact me directly and it will be taken down.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

EDDIE BO & INEZ CHEATHAM - A LOVER AND A FRIEND


Best drum intro of all time? It just might be this track! If you've been hanging around here for a while its' no secret how much I love New Orleans records. I bet that even if I continue my voracious record buying for the rest of my life it would STILL be impossible to unearth all of the 45 RPM treasures from the big easy. I must say, however, that I feel very very lucky to own records like this and this is what drives me to share this stuff with friends around the world; it's just TOO GOOD to sit on my shelves without being shared. This record was a huge local NOLA hit on the legendary SEVEN B label, and it was picked up for national action by Capitol, however it didn't go anywhere on the charts.

from 1968...

3 comments:

Stuart Shea said...

Oh, that's a gutty one. Does it sound a little to you like the Meters backing them? Nice vocal blend, too.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! 1968 really was an amazing year for soul 45's, wasn't it.

dm said...

Wow. What a banger, thanks D!